Asked by ANON: Favorite 80s Fantasy Films
The 80s was truly the best decade for cheesy 80s fantasy films. If you haven’t seen all of these, you’re missing out. In order of pictures:
- Legend (1985)
- The Last Unicorn (1982)
- Ladyhawke (1985)
- Labyrinth (1986)
- The Secret of Nimh (1982)
- The Neverending Story (1984)
- Red Sonja (1985)
- Masters of the Universe (1987)
- Return to Oz (1985)
- Highlander (1986)
- Conan the Barbarian (1982)
- Krull (1983)
- Excalibur (1981)
- Clash of the Titans (1981)
- Dark Crystal (1982)
- The Princess Bride (1987)
- Willow (1988)
- The Beastmaster (1982)
WHERE GORGEOUS SOUNDTRACKS AND AMAZING CONCEPT DESIGN LIVE AND DIE
Right in the childhood.
A battle of the bands that will rock Westeros like never before!
All seven Ice & Fire Punk posters available at Society6:
I’ll have signed editions at cons, starting THIS WEEKEND at Granite Con in Manchester, NH! Who are you throwing your undies at?
From Oracle’s tell-all memoir:
I spent a lot of time choosing which way my boot flaps would go. Some of my teammates in the Imperial Guard were like, “Oracle, you’ve got a lot going for you these days. You’re beautiful, powerful, and your psychic abilities are a useful plot device. Point those boot flaps UP!”
But, some of the other members of the team were less supportive. Fang especially. (What an asshole!) “Psychics are a dime a dozen”, they’d say. “How are you even named after something in Greek mythology when you’re from a distant planet? Get over yourself and fold those flaps DOWN!”
In the end, I just couldn’t decide.
Paul Gulacy drawing 80s Black Widow
I’m not crying, I just got somethin’ in my eye…
Waitaminute. Hold up. I was too busy having feels to realize that “KATYA” is Colossus’s Russian nickname for Kitty. Nightcrawler always called her “KATZCHEN” which is German for kitten. Was this scene originally supposed to have Piotr and Kitty having a nice moment, since he just recently returned to the X-Mansion, and Kitty and Kurt have had their reunion moment already, brianmichaelbendis?
unitedstatesofno said: if I want to get better at drawing, what should I draw a lot of? Also, your book kicks ass
Hello! Thank you! You could draw:
- the things you want to see more of in the world
- the things you like thinking about the most
- whatever you think will make your friends laugh the most
- maybe something you really hate thinking about, but drawing it gets it out of your head
- an idea or memory that you never want to forget
- whatever seems most difficult. It will be frustrating and you might even cry, but the worst that will happen is you’ll f*ck it up horrendously and get a funny/dopey drawing out of it.
<3 your pal Lisa
Love is basically a form of highly sought-after, socially acceptable insanity. Right? It makes even the strongest people fragile and vulnerable, while at the same time filling the weakest people with a rare and special power. Love is a great wrecking ball that broke open the walls of Harley Quinn’s cracking mind, and because of love, she’s free to swing from the wrecking ball with wild abandon.
By Rogan Josh